Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wilder Quarterly + TTL


prettier peek here

Sometime this past summer I got a very kind request from Wilder Quarterly to work on a creation for two sisters that are notorious in the fashion world for not liking the word 'beautiful' and for being known as highly conceptual/creative and needless to say (without saying their name): two of my very favs! Furthermore, they are major players in the fashion world. Basically, this all translates down to dream assignment. I knew that these two sisters would appreciate more than just the wild (and dare I say beautiful) bounty of a wildflower bouquet. I needed something more. Something living and kind of strange and maybe even science-y and basically I wanted something that could live in their space and continue to encourage creativity. Hopefully something they had never received before. So I made them kokedamas! A giant staghorn fern took center stage and then I made two supporting members to create a little family of kokedamas. I put a lot of time and love into them. I wanted them to emanate good vibes. Overall, when all was said and done, I was extremely proud of this little family of ferns that I had created. I'd like to think that right now they are hanging in these sisters' studio and spreading good vibes all around. I couldn't have asked for a cooler project. This is what I am all about with TIGERS to LILIES.

Celestine and Wilder Quarterly, I am so honored. Thank you so much*

xx

3 comments:

  1. soooooooooooooo cool!
    dream project!
    super stellar!

    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything i know about kokedama i learned from you! super good vibes! i can't wait to open up wilder quarterly and see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING lili ! love love love.

    x x


    x x
    x x
    xxx

    ReplyDelete