Friday, June 8, 2012

Cleome + Pop-Up!



Do you know about the cleome flower? I didn't know about them until I saw them in the fields two weeks ago. I was mesmerized! They are both tough and delicate looking, full yet airy. I am always amazed at what can thrive under the intensity of the Southern California desert sun, and just when I get to the farm and expect things to be shriveled up and yellow, I walk into a field full of blooming and thriving cleomes! You can just go ahead and move over, peony and hydrangea...

I picked a bunch of cleomes for my Pop-Up tomorrow:
1549 Echo Park Ave.
10-6

Come and get some of these wild beauties--your home needs some!

XO!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Lili for shining a light on the Cleome flower. She is tough. She came back after we cut her down to the ground last year. You see, I like to leave roots in the ground rather than pull entire plants out. And yep, Cleome came back. Not everyone does...

    ReplyDelete